Monday, December 12, 2011

Restaurant Review: Grange Hall Burger Bar

Well, it looks like I've failed at writing this in FOREVER! So what better way to start back up than a good restaurant review?!

Last week, I went to Grange Hall Burger Bar with a few of my girlfriends for our "book club". Yes - we are that group of girls that creates a book club (where we most of the time read the book, but rarely discuss it) to have an excuse to go out to dinner and drink wine.

I had heard good things about Grange Hall, and it is only a few short blocks from my apartment, so I made the suggestion to the group - and boy was it a good one.

The atmosphere is great - it's got a great country farm feel (perfect - since they are feeding you grass-fed, farmed foods). Everything in the restaurant, down to the waiters, is reminiscent of being in a small, beautiful country farmhouse. The furniture, napkins, glasses do not match; yet go together perfectly. Dining is at communal tables - even further adding to the farm feel. You could see into the kitchen also - which I always love. Overall - I loved it. I would give it an A.

The service was also great. Not only do the waiters look adorable in their plaid shirts, and down-home style, they also have a down-home attitude. Within 5 minutes, we were already friends with our waiter and shortly thereafter with the chef. Our waiter (Aidan) was attentive yet not over-bearing. He joked with us, but was not inappropriate. We ordered fried vegetables as an appetizer, and after about 5 or 10 minutes, the chef, Joe, came out to tell us that they were remaking them, because he thought they looked a little bit too brown and he only wanted to serve us the best. You can't ask for anything better than that. Service: A+.

Now for the food. It is a burger bar. Nothing more, nothing less. I ordered the turkey burger which Aidan said was the best turkey burger he ever had. I was not disappointed. It was seasoned very well - which complemented the sesame/poppy bun perfectly. With all the seasoning combined - it kind of reminded me of an everything bagel but better. They have a decent amount of options, and I was tempted to get a fried egg on my burger but resisted. I kept it simple with carmelized onions (yum!) and cheese. Overall, I was very satisfied with my meal. I also got french fries, which were not amazing, but always a good complement to a burger. They have a garlicky mac n' cheese which I think I will try next time I go. Overall Food: A-

Definitely a great place to go for many occasions. Not fancy, but you can count on great service, good food and a good time.

Ciao,
Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment